What sets Us Apart
Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES), an Autonomous Body, under the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India, provides education for wards of the DAE employees up to junior college level. Atomic Energy Central Schools and Junior Colleges are spread all over the country and are affiliated to CBSE and other State Boards. AEES has 31 Schools/Junior colleges at fourteen different centres with 28000 students and 1547 teaching and 300 non-teaching staff.
AEES has achieved significant results in its pursuit of excellence in academic as well as non-academic fields. The enrichment of the school libraries, computer aided education, improved sports facilities, multi play equipment, introduction of adventure sports, in-service training programmes for teachers, better multimedia programmes and enrichment programmes for students have helped the institution to set new benchmark in excellence.
Atomic Energy Central School, Kudankulam is one of the 30 schools under the aegis of Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES) which was set up to provide quality education to the children of the employees of the Department of Atomic Energy and its constituent units. The school functions with a set committed teaching faculty imparting all round education to around 1240 students. AECS, Kudankulam is at the western side of Anuvijay Township. It enjoys an ideal atmosphere with hills as its backdrop providing a pleasant and attractive ambiance.
Following aspects sets Atomic Energy Central School, Kudankulam apart among other Educational institutions
- Well Planned Academic system brings excellent results in AISSE, Class X Board exams of CBSE
- Students are well trained to participate in Academic Quiz and Science Quiz conducted by AEES and other institutions like Nehru Science Centre
- Students also encouraged to participate in Maths Talent Exam and Heritage Quiz conducted by CBSE
- Regular follow up of learning by respective subject teacher
- Well defined learning and assessment process, informed to all stake holders in advance
- Regular feature of MCQ Test refreshes teachers and learners on the extent of learning
- Classroom interaction of teachers with students, supported with tutorial class for individual attention makes learners confident
- For each period for a class 40 minutes are allotted to suit the optimum attention-span of students
- The school is equipped with fully furnished and spacious class rooms
- The school has well equipped Science Laboratory where the students are shown demonstration of the experiments and are also encouraged to conduct some experiments on their own
- The school has a well-equipped Computer Laboratory where the students attend computer practical classes
- In the Audio-Video Room the students are shown videos of some concepts of academic interest.
- The school also has ASTER, an Audio-Visual Tool, which is used by teachers regularly as a teaching aid to show videos of interest in their respective classrooms itself
- The library in the school is well-equipped with vast number of books and periodicals
The Opportunity & Freedom to Flourish within the Framework of Guidelines:
- Exposure for each student towards various areas of their individual interest and aptitude to develop competence and confidence in their pursuit of choice, while promoting empathy and conscience
- AECS, Kudankulam offers many opportunities for growth within a loving and caring environment. As a result, students find the freedom and focus to perform to the full extent of their abilities
- Organization of Student council, Co-curricular Activities planned and executed for whole year as leadership development among students
- Motivation to the students for participation in various CCA activities, Sport activities, Science social science and math’s Exhibitions.
- Opportunity is available for Participation in DSO, SPLASH Tournaments and various state level tournaments organized by prestigious clubs or government bodies
- A strict vigilance for the discipline to bring out a strong moral character in students
Accounts & Finance
- All Book of Accounts are under CAG audit.
- AECS, Kudankulam is funded By AEES, Mumbai an autonomous body under Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India
- Felicitation & utilization of funds is strictly monitored by Principal, Chairman, Local Management Committee and Competent authorities of AEES,
Safety & Security
- Campus has 24x7 surveillance by CCTV cameras and Security Personnel
Adaptability to New Challenges
- Under the lockdown situation, that arose due to the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, online system of learning started from the 1st of April 2020 to avoid academic loss to the students
- Co-curricular Activities are also conducted for all-round development of students (presently activities are conducted online with good number of participants)
- The teachers also conduct regular assessment using Online tools
- Touchless Automatic Sanitize dispensers are installed to ensure safety and hygiene of all members in view of COVID-19 situations